Following three days of hearings in Janssen v. Celltrion, the District Court for the District of Massachusetts (J. Wolf) today issued a memorandum order summarizing the Court’s rulings on several pending motions in the case.
- The Court granted Defendants’ Motion for Summary Judgment of Invalidity of the ’471 patent on both grounds raised by the Defendants (the so-called “Gilead” and “reexam” motions).
- The Court allowed a motion to supplement the claim construction record and construed the disputed term “cell culture media” in the ’083 patent to mean “nutritive media for culturing cells.”
- Plaintiffs’ motion for an expedited trial on the ’083 patent was withdrawn.
- The Court granted Plaintiffs’ motion to consolidate a second filed case in the District Court (No. 16-cv-11117) with this case, and to bifurcate the damages issues.
- The Court scheduled trial to begin on February 13, 2017.
Stay tuned to the Big Molecule Watch for further developments.